Monday, December 15, 2008

Let It Snow!!

Well I am so happy that the snow finally came. Olivia has been out in it everyday and has the runny nose and horrible cough to prove it. It has helped me get into the holiday spirit a little bit more. I'm still not going to say this is my favorite holiday but the fluffy white stuff does make me a little more excited for Christmas.


A cute story:
So you would think after 2 1/2 years I would know that there are certain things you have to make sure are put up high out of someones small hands. But yesterday I was reminded again. We were in the living room watching home movies with family (me trying to fight back tears). Olivia was bored so I thought she was playing in her room. When a little voice from the kitchen screams, "Ouch my hair.....It's stuck!!! HELP!!" I run into the kitchen and she has my kitchen scissors stuck in her beautiful hair. I tried not to panic, or laugh but I did both. I carefully grabbed the scissors and got them out but not without a pretty big chunk of hair coming with. Olivia looked at the chunk of hair and immediately started sobbing. "I want my hair back!!! Not my hair!!!" Then I started laughing and that made it worse. So to calm her down I grabbed the pile of hair and put it back on her head. I pretended to glue it back on her head. She was satisfied with that. She gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "Thanks Mamma!" And off she went to play. Thank goodness you can't tell where the chunk came from but I will pay closer attention to where my scissors are from now on.








Some fun snow pictures.......











First sled ride. As you can tell she was scared. She laughed when we finally stopped. We asked her if she wanted to go down again and she said, "NO!!!"





Helping daddy shovel




4 comments:

Jenn said...

My kids are totally scared of sledding too. They just like to be pulled around on the sled in our yard...even in July!

That is too bad about Olivia's hair, but I am glad that you can't tell. Kids and scissors! Sophie managed to cut some of her hair the other day too while cutting paper - her hair just got in the way. But you couldn't tell either.

Kare Bear said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes tiff! I still need to get my lazy butt outside and go sledding with the girls.. I just hate being cold.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Cute story about your girl, i miss her and um, when is dinner again?

"Jo" in many sizes said...

You better be better at posting once little Manny comes!