Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WHAT'S NEW?!

Well I know all of you out there in blog world (the 2 people that actually read my blog) are probably just anxiously awaiting some new information about the ever so exciting lives of the Turmans. Hmmm I hate to disappoint but nothing is new.

I can't even put into words how happy this warm, beautiful weather makes me feel. I really had a miserable winter and being out working in my weed infested yard makes me smile. Olivia is loving being outside too. She helps me look for bugs and rocks.


My awesome husband got me an early mother's day present Saturday. It's a new bike!! I've been researching and looking for one for a few months. I thought I'd have to wait another year to make a purchase but Cody made it happen. I have now joined the cool cycling club. I've been riding twice now. Nic seems pretty excited he calls me everyday to go on a ride. I didn't get to ride Monday but last night we took a 15 mile ride out west. It was fun although it will take me awhile to get my legs in shape. And it is hard to ride with super skinny Nic. He doesn't understand that people with fat on their bodies can't go 28 mph that easily. But it's good for me to have a trainer pushing me. I want to continue to cycle and get comfortable enough to make some really long rides. I love spending time with my little bro. He is so cool! Last week I was having a bad day and out of nowhere here comes Nic with some ice cream. What a sweetheart! Of course I'd never say that to his face but he knows I love him dearly and I can't wait to go on more adventures with him this summer.

3 comments:

"Jo" in many sizes said...

And all the times you would kick him out of your room. NICK, GET OUT!! GRRRR. Wish I was motivated to get in shape. But untill they make chocolate diet pills...

The Van's said...

K Tiff I heard about your bike from Cody. I am so excited for you! I went to my first spin class at the gym on Monday, can I just say "sore butt". I hope yours is doing better than mine did. That is fun you and Nick can do that together. Let me tend Ole so you can ride more if you want.

Jenn said...

Wow, how awesome is Cody! What a fun Mother's Day present. I can't believe you went on a 15 mile ride. Holy cow, I feel like I might die after just riding to the park:) Sounds like you are really enjoying it--btw you look AWESOME in your riding gear. I am not sure I would even attempt to put on clothes that tight, even if it is what I should be wearing!

And isn't it funny how much our feelings for our sibling change when we grow up. Glad you can go riding with Nick