Monday, September 22, 2008

Just Me and My Mom

For my moms birthday this year, I thought it would be fun to buy her tickets to Tuachan in St. George. So this weekend her and I made the trip down there. It was such a fun little getaway. It was the first time I have left Olivia over night but I knew she was in good hands with Cody. I really needed a little time away from her actually. I do love her so much but being pregnant and trying to keep up with a 2 year old is making me a beast. So we left Saturday (early) morning and got to St. George around 1. It has been such a long time since I have been to St. George I can't believe how much it has changed. We shopped, and shopped, and shopped some more. Then Saturday night we went to Tuachan to see Les Miserables. Holy Crap! It was amazing. I suggest anyone who can see it do so. Seeing a play outside against the beautiful red rock canyon is something I will never forget. But unfortunately for everyone else I forgot my camera so just close your eyes and imagine it I guess. The play even exceeded my expectations and brought me to tears more then once (not that it's hard to do right now). Then on Sunday we did even more shopping and headed home. We both ate like we had never ate before and I don't regret a single calorie I put in my mouth or the pounds that I gained. It has been such a long time since my mom and I have been able to get away just the two of us and it was perfect. I am so grateful to have a mom that doubles as my best friend. She's amazing in so many ways and I thank her for a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I wanted to go to the play so bad. Now I am jelous. Hey I am a bit retarded, but I tried to put the play list on my blog and I don't get how. How the heck do you do it? Let me know if you can.

Jenn said...

How fun! I love to spend time just me and my mom. I have heard that theatre is amazing and so cool. What a neat birthday present you gave your mom...and yourself! I bet it was sooo nice to get away for a short trip.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

How fun, tiff. So glad you finally took a little break for yourself. And also glad you and your mom are so close now. Just remember this when Olivia is going through High School!!

What'd ya buy me?

whitey said...

Tiff the funniest trip I think I have had is one when Kacy and and I went to disneyland by ourselves it was great, and of course when we all went to Vegas was not half bad either!