Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HAVING FUN

Well the Labor Day weekend came and went so fast. We did a lot of fun things and it always makes me sad when a weekend is over and Cody has to go back to work and I have to go back to reality.
Friday my mom & I (and Olivia) took our annual trip up to Swiss Days in Midway. It was a lot of fun but it was a very long, hot day. After shopping all day at Swiss Days we also stopped by the Park City outlets and picked up Olivia a bunch of cute clothes. So we didn't get home until 9:30 that evening. We started sorting our stuff out of the car and I realized that the baby sling that I bought at Swiss Days was nowhere to be found. Now I don't know if it was all the sun I got that day, lack of sleep, tired feet, or hormones but I lost it. I started bawling uncontrollably like I had just lost my wedding ring. We did a double check of bags and came to the conclusion that it must have fallen out of the stroller somehow or somebody took it. Either way I cried all night long. It's not like it was that expensive but expensive enough to somebody who rarely has money. So imagine my surprise when my perfect dad called me Saturday morning from Swiss Days. He had driven all the way up there, fought of hoards of crazy women just to buy me another damn baby sling. I just couldn't believe he would do that for me. I mean I never would have asked but he went up there willingly and later said, "I actually enjoyed it, I wish I would've had more time to shop!" Honestly just wanted to share that story because he is such a wonderful dad he made my whole weekend by doing that for me.
Okay on with it Tiff. Saturday evening we drove up above the B to have a fire with a friend from Cody's work. It was so much fun! The storm was starting to roll in so we were able to watch all the lightning from on top of the mountain and Olivia got to roll around in dirt, eat marshmallows, and boss a little boy around.
Yesterday we were able to have Cody's family over for a BBQ. Nothing else makes me realize how small my house is then having his entire huge family over. It was a lot of fun though and we don't get together very often so it was nice to have that opportunity.
It was a fun weekend and I loved the storms. I'm definitely not ready for winter but the cooler weather is feeling so nice.
Okay what did I leave out???? OH!!! Saturday morning my little girl pooped in the big toilet for the first time! She always tells me she has to go potty but I normally ignore her. So Saturday I put her on the toilet and a big surprise! I of course started crying (again) and laughing and called everyone I could think of to let them know. We rewarded her by going out and letting her pick her own potty and some big girl undies. Yes I know it will be a long while until she is ready to say goodbye to diapers but I just want to get her excited about the potty. Of course she picked out the potty that plays the most annoying music humanly possible. So all day long she pushes the button and dances around the potty. Still haven't had any luck getting her to use it how it's suppose to be used. Silly girl! I'm amazed at how much she is growing up. She's not a baby anymore and it breaks my heart, but I love being able to actually have a conversation with her it makes me so happy.


So she picked out this Tu-Tu at Swiss Days and hasn't taken' it off since. She likes to put it on and dance around her new potty.


Another new favorite of Olivia's is climbing into the sink, getting as much soap as possible and washing her hands over, and over, and over. I left her too long this time and she got sick of washing her hands and decided to wash the mirror instead. She was really proud of herself.

5 comments:

"Jo" in many sizes said...

omg how funny. First, i'm sorry about your baby sling. But you will love the newest one, i loved mine and actually still use it on occassion. I actually probably will till she is in kindergarten, just an excuse to hold her close. Your dad is a sweety, but we all know that already. Second, good poop Oli! I love the poopin with the tutu. that is hilarious.

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend--and a busy one! That really is so sweet that your dad went to get you a new sling...Isn't it amazing how we can totally lose it over the littlest things sometimes. I blame it on being pregnant, but let's face it I am like that even when I am not pregnant.

Awesome job pooping on the potty Olivia! Holy cow, Collin sits on the potty like 2 times a day and never does anything. I am not ready to take on the adventure again though. But so exciting to see them grow up...And it is great when they are potty trained.

Jenn said...

Oh, BTW you have the address to my blog wrong on your sidebar, that is why is says you have to be an invited reader. It is phipps4blog.blogspot.com

whitey said...

Wow what a Dad. He is a sweet heart Tiff.

The Turvilles said...

I love the picture of olivia on the potty. She is such a cutie pie!!