Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crying Girl and Smiling Boy

This week has been challenging for me to say the least. Tuesday Olivia woke up with a fever and cried all morning long. This is not like Olivia at all. So I took her to the doctor and found out it was strep. Not fun for me or her. She continued to cry for the next 7 hours (not exaggerating!) I found myself praying for strength to deal with it. Finally around 6 p.m. she sat down on Caleb's bouncy chair. Silence!!! I couldn't believe it she had finally fallen asleep. A few doses of antibiotics did the trick and she is almost back to herself.








While Olivia was crying, Caleb was working on his smiling skills. He is the sweetest little guy. Every time he wakes up he just looks at me with a big grin. It totally makes it all worthwhile. I sometimes ask him not to become a 2 year old and just stay my little baby boy. This picture isn't the best but it seems like at this age they never smile when a camera is available so I did the best I could do at the moment.





2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh man! Sick kids can be so hard. I am sorry. She looks pretty cute sleeping in Caleb's chair though. And what a cutie Caleb is. I love it when they start smiling. It always makes me teary when I see those early smiles. You sure have some sweet kiddos.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Oh tiff he is adorable! And two months already, I can't believe it. Congrats on the Marathon, I am proud of you. I am happy to accomplish a walk around the block! Poor oli, these stinkin kids are always sick...

Happy Mothers Day, Love you.