Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life Goes On

Well life certainly doesn't stop because you are sad that is for sure. It's totally true that the grass seems greener on the other side of the fence. I just read Kacy's blog about how annoyed she is with work. Every morning in the middle of dealing with temper tantrums, breastfeeding, baby puke, baby poop, Olivia missing the potty: I find myself daydreaming about waking up in the morning, putting on a nice outfit and heading off to work where I can actually talk to an adult and make some money maybe feel like I accomplish something. Don't get me wrong I love Olivia and Caleb but if one more person says to me, "so it must be nice not to work" I'm going to explode. Okay there is my venting for the week.





So I have such a hard time after a long weekend. I love having Cody home to hang out with and to help with the kids. It seems so sad when he goes back to work. We had such a fun and busy memorial day weekend. BBQ's, 4-wheeling, campfires, and refinishing hardwood floors. Yep leave it up to me to take what should be a relaxing weekend and make it stressful. I thought "hey we have 4 days we can re-do our kitchen floors easily" This project has been put off for 3 years and now I know why. After 4 coats of polyurethane, not being able to use my kitchen and a living room full of crap it is still not done. Not only is it not finished I am totally obsessed with every imperfect line I see. I have been staring at the floor for hours while biting my nails. Today I plan to do one more coat and hopefully call it good. Maybe by this weekend the kitchen will be functional again. If you come to my house just tell me it looks awesome even though you will probably notice a bunch of flaws.










Some fun pictures from this weekends events:















Caleb and grandma Brose singing Peas Poridge. He laughs everytime she sings it with him. Such a cute baby I love this smile!


Olivia's first 4-wheeling ride. It was a blast and she definetly needed the mommy and daddy time.

Our "campout" at grandma and grandpa Turmans. This was also tons of fun even though Cody and I didn't sleep over we went home to our nice cozy bed.



Mmmm S'more's!!!


Poor Caleb! I know he's only 3 months old but I truly think he hates when I put him in this bear suit. It's so nice and warm though.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a great . . . and busy weekend! I can't believe how big Caleb is getting. Man they grow up so fast. We need to get together again. You are so ambitious. It seems like you are always tackling some project. I can't even get myself to paint the small bathroom that I have been meaning to paint for 2+ years now. Oh well! I am sure your floors look great. I can't wait to see. And your right, staying home isn't always the "dream" one might think it is. It has its crazy days, depressing days, and down right horrible days. But I guess we just need to remember there are those absolutely wonderful days in there as well. I guess it is the same with any situation - going to work or staying home. Wow! We haven't talked in a while and I feel like I could go on forever . . . but I'll stop. Let's get together.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I have to admit, working PT makes me a better mom, and I don't think Im cut out for full time Mom yet...but we'll see.
Camping isn't as much fun as we get older, huh? We just spent our "camping weekend" at a marriot in provo going to 7 peaks for the day!!