Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mother of the Year

A few days ago we started the "fun" project of painting our room. We actually just barely finished the closet which took longer then expected. I always feel excited about a project until I'm in the middle of it then I feel like giving up. So after painting yesterday I was cleaning paint brushes while boiling water for Olivia's mac'n'cheese. Confidently I was thinking, "thank goodness I'm so good at double tasking," when around the corner comes my daughter covered in a white substance. "What's that?!" I yelled to Cody. Instantly we realized she had managed to let herself into our bedroom and help herself to the paint. Okay it was bad but we quickly cleaned up and all was well. Later on that night while I was returning my clothes to their places in the closet I heard Olivia quietly playing in her room.......a little too quietly. I decided to take a peak to see what the little angel was up to. I walked in just in time to stop her from eating a gallon of painters putty. It was all over her hands, her floor (thank goodness wood floor), 1/2 her toys and hair. She looked at me and giggled. I couldn't get mad because, well frankly it's my own fault I should've learned my lesson after the paint incident early that day. I started laughing and grabbed my camera. She was trying to spread it all over her room so I only got a few shots and they don't capture the full mess of it all but I do believe I have a very curious little toddler on my hands.






2 comments:

"Jo" in many sizes said...

And the year has just begun!.. How funny. I am excited to see your room. We might repaint mine for my birthday...probably next year too.

Jenn said...

I think that you are brave just for doing such a project when Olivia is awake. That is probably why I never get anything done around my house, I am too chicken to even attempt such a task while my kids are around. I love how proud and pleased Olivia is with her accomplishment (mess)! She is so cute.